1. Applicant (student) must be a member of Lewiston Municipal Federal Credit Union.
2. Applicant must be a high school senior.
3. Applicant must be accepted by an accredited two-year community college, four-year college or university or technical school.
4. Student must begin attending courses within a year of the award date and submit a request for scholarship payment within 12 months of the award date.
5. A complete application package; incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Completed application must be received no later than 4 p.m. on March 22, 2019. Applications may be delivered in person or mailed to Scholarship, Lewiston Municipal Federal Credit Union, 291 Pine Street, Lewiston, ME 04240.
2. Copy of letter of acceptance from the college or university.
3. Copy of student transcript(s).
4. If selected, a photograph of the recipient must be provided to the credit union within 14 calendar days of notification.
Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline. Judging is based on information gathered through the application. The essay will be judged on content, creativity and clarity. Spelling, grammatical or typographical errors may disqualify your entry. Upon the arrival of your completed application, we will mail you a confirmation letter. Scholarship winner(s) will be notified by May 31, 2019. Winner(s) will be asked to submit a photo for publication. The scholarship money will be paid directly to the recipient’s school after documented proof of successful completion of the first semester of the school year is provided to the credit union.
Lewiston Municipal Federal Credit Union reserves the right to discontinue this scholarship program at any time without notice and reserves the right not to award any scholarships should there be no qualified applicants.
In March 2019, Bauer Financial awarded Lewiston Municipal Federal Credit Union a 5-Star rating for the 36th consecutive quarter. Bauer Financial is the nation’s leading independent, unbiased financial institution rating and research firm. Credit unions and banks cannot opt out of the rating process, nor can they purchase a high rating. All ratings are based on information from the Federal regulators (NCUA, FDIC)
Bauer’s highest 5-Star rating indicates that Lewiston Municipal Federal Credit Union excels in areas of capital, asset quality, profitability, liquidity, and more. Bauer Financial notes that top performing institutions maintain strong policies, prudent underwriting, and responsible investments.