Lewiston Municipal Federal Credit Union is celebrating 75 years of service to the Lewiston-Auburn community and the employees of the cities and their families.
The credit union was organized and established as a not-for-profit cooperative on October 14, 1944 by Jean Charles Boucher, Julian Desbaies, Adrien Anctil, Lucien Lebel, Albert Langelier, Rosario Giguere, and Cyprien Levesque, all of Lewiston at the time. The credit union initially operated out of what is affectionately described as a “nook at Lewiston City Hall” for many years. In 1986 the credit union purchased and moved to its current Pine Street location, with an expansion completed in 2006.
“We would like to thank our loyal membership, which has been dedicated to Lewiston Municipal Federal Credit Union, through their membership, collaboration, volunteer service, and referrals to their families and co-workers over these 75 years,” states Lewiston Municipal Chief Executive Officer, Amanda Piper. “Thank you to our hardworking, committed volunteers who have consistently focused on looking forward and supporting the credit union’s long-term growth and success and to our outstanding employees who are at the heart of the credit union’s mission and success.”
Built on a foundation on trust, collaboration, and service, Lewiston Municipal Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving the City of Auburn and City of Lewiston employees and their families. The credit union is also a proud supporter of many local organizations and charities including the Maine Credit Unions’ Campaign for Ending Hunger, high school senior college scholarships, donations to local food pantries, local classrooms, and The Store Next Door at Lewiston High School.
“While many things have changed over the past 75 years, the credit union’s commitment to the employees, families, and communities of the twin cities remains constant,” stated Financial Services Manager, Claudette St.Pierre.